To help orient yourself around the city, here is a version of Bull's-eye Twenty Questions (or sixteen, to account for the exchange rate), originally published March 6 for Enigmarch, using this downtown/mass transit map.
Which word or phrase on the map...
- Can be formed by replacing a letter in MONTRÉAL with two other letters and rearranging the result?
- Contains hidden, in consecutive order, a word meaning "novel"?
- Is a consonantcy of a word that can mean either "provide" or "get rid of"?
- Anagrams to an English or French word for a type of beverage?
- Contains in reverse order, a shorter word that can describe the longer entry?
- Features a state capital?
- When a vowel is replaced by another one (or two), can form a word meaning "strength"?
- Can form a French word for an amphibian when a letter is added in between a space and reversed?
- Is a false comparative of a type of fruit?
- Features the name of a Sesame Street character in consecutive order?
- Features a spelling mistake?
- Contains hidden, in consecutive order, a two-word phrase meaning "get angry"?
- Contains hidden, in reverse order, a word meaning "angry"?
- Spells a colour when its middle letters are removed?
- When its last letter is dropped, can be rearranged to form two types of wood, one of which appears separately on the map?
- Can form, when its first letter is changed to its second and the result rearranged, spell two words that can name quantities of a particular item?